Built in 1804, the house at 65 Pleasant Street is reputed to have been constructed on a 1636 foundation of the Jones family house. It was home to a line of the prolific Clapp family and the life-long home of Anna Clapp Harris Smith, founder of the Animal Rescue League.
HBI secured a two-year purchase option from the long-time owner in 2009 and worked with the North Bennet Street School’s preservation carpentry department to restore the house’s sills and exterior to its 1804 appearance. HBI also rebuilt foundations and chimneys before selling the house to a first-time homebuyer who is converting the interior to two residential units.
More Info (PDF)