30 Dec It’s Never too Late to Give!
While our city hums with exciting new development, Historic Boston Inc. (HBI) continues its 57-year mission of renewing historic places that make Boston and its neighborhoods unique. Our projects are a great source of pride to their neighborhoods and prove the value of our shared history and demonstrate that historic buildings can continue to be a viable part of Boston’s neighborhoods.
Your contributions make it possible for HBI to take on challenging preservation projects that are beyond the reach of the private market. Thanks to you, 2017 was a banner year!
- Restoration of the 1786 Fowler Clark Epstein Farm in Mattapan is nearly complete. After years of neglect, it becomes home to the Urban Farming Institute of Boston in 2018.
- The Roslindale Substation (1911) opened its doors for the first time in 46 years as Trillium Brewery’s Winter Beer Garden after a $4.8 million renewal.
- We begin construction at the 1912 Upham’s Corner Comfort Station in Dorchester in 2018 for Sip & Spoke Bike Kitchen, a bike repair and coffee shop that activates this historic building for the first time in 39 years;
- HBI is readying a proposal to re-activate the long-vacant Owen Nawn Factory in Dudley Square (c. 1880) with developer Boston Residential Group in anticipation of the Boston Planning and Development Agency’s RFP for development on Roxbury’s Parcel 8 in 2018.
- Working with the parish of St. John St. James and the Episcopal Diocese of Boston, HBI is completing a feasibility study for preservation of Ionic Hall (1800) and St. Luke’s Chapel in Roxbury (1901), designed by ecclesiastical architect Ralph Adams Cram.
- In 2018, we celebrate the 300th year of the Downtown Boston’s Old Corner Bookstore, HBI’s flagship preservation project, with new interpretive programming and plans for building upgrades.
As 2017 comes to a close, we hope you will take pride in what we have accomplished together and support HBI with a tax-deductible gift. Your year-end contribution helps us preserve the historic fabric of our city; together we can continue to make history.
Thank you for your support. Happy New Year!