Built for Roxbury alderman and Eliot Church deacon Alvah Kittredge (1798-1876), the Kittredge House is one of a handful of high style Greek Revival period wood frame houses remaining in Boston. Originally positioned in the center of a large rural estate, the Kittredge House was also once home to prominent 19th century Boston architect Nathaniel Bradlee.
In the 1970s and 80s, it was home to the African American advancement organization Roxbury Action Program (RAP). The house was vacant from 1991-2011. HBI purchased the property in 2011 and completed a $3.8 million rehabilitation in 2014. The renewed mansion now holds five two-bedroom residential units including two permanently designated affordable units.
More Info (PDF)