The oldest remaining fire house structure in Boston, the 1859 Eustis Street Fire House became HBI’s headquarters in 2011. This building was used first for a hand-pulled fire apparatus; later, after Roxbury merged with the City of Boston, a stable was added to the back of the building for horses that were used to pull hook and ladder equipment. It later served as a Spanish American War Veteran post.
The building sat empty and in a precarious state for more than 50 years before HBI secured a 99-year lease from the city and completed a $2.5 million rehabilitation of the structure as headquarters for HBI and the Timothy Smith Technology Centers. The redevelopment included reconstructing the previous wood frame addition to the structure.
More Info (PDF)