July 7, 2011 Save The Date
Posted at 15:42h in Blog
Did you know?
In 1836, Alvah Kittredge, a prominent local businessman, a deacon in Roxbury Congregational Church, and one of Roxbury’s five elected aldermen built a house on the site of the Revolutionary Roxbury Lower Fort.
Also that year:
- The territory of Wisconsin was created.
- The Battle of the Alamo took place.
- Arkansas became the 25th state admitted into the United States of America.
- The city of Houston Texas was founded.
- Martin Van Buren became president of the United States, defeating William Henry Harrison.
- American painter Winslow Homer was born in Boston, Mass.
- Charles Darwin completed his voyage aboard the HMS Beagle, a trip that shaped his theories on evolution.
Join us to get a behind-the-scenes tour of the Alvah Kittredge House and be a part of our history in a community photo. Refreshments will be served. Get more information and directions